Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Date Night!

I was talking with my best friend this morning, whom is also engaged, and in the beginning phases of planning her wedding as well.  She said that last night she and her fiance had"date night," which simply consisted of the two of them cooking dinner together in their apartment, and catching up on some television.  The two of them travel an awful lot for work, and are constantly on the go, so nights at home for the two of them together are rare.  As soon as she started to describe her "date night," I automatically realized how lucky I really am. 
Since I own my own company, and My Guy works for corporate, we are fortunate enough to spend nearly every night together; and because I love to bond with my kitchen, we have home cooked meal on the regular.  When we feel like we are getting stuck in a rut, or just craving a night out, our "Date Night" usually consists of take out pizza along side a few games of Keno, or a few appetizers at My Guy's favorite restaurant.  We aren't much for extravagance, and we live pretty simply.
Planning a wedding is stressful, and much like a full time job is incredibly time consuming; but it's also really fun to gush over magazines and drool over websites.  My Guy wants to be participative, but at the same time wants me to do all the research.  I'll spend entire evenings online surfing the web for inspiration, sending emails and pinning ideas.   While I'm physically on the couch beside him, mentally I couldn't be further from our living room.  At the same time, My Guy fills a pretty stressful position at work, so it's not uncommon for him to come home and be glued to his email until he can hardly keep his eyes open anymore.  
Regardless of your lifestyle and how busy, or home bound you and your partner may be, it's so important to make time and have "Date Night."  This is the time where you can check in and make sure you're both on the same page with everything, and caught up to date on eachother's lives.  Date night is the perfect opportunity to just be in the moment together- no iPads, cell phones, or third wheels along for the ride.  Just you, and your partner.

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment