Monday, March 26, 2012

Introducing The Bride and My Guy



It's happened... after what seems like an endless amount of first dates, awkward conversations, a brief encounter with online dating, kissing frogs that never turned into  my Prince Charming, and I have finally met the one I am meant for.  The one person that can make a Friday night spent eating take-out and watching syndicated television seem like the most precious hours of my over scheduled week, and who makes a trip to the grocery store or to get coffee the highlight of the weekend.  My Guy is the most supportive, loving, kind, and hilarious person.  He is an avid sports fan and is an absolute movie buff.
We are a perfect balance to each other; while I'm motivated and anxious, he forces me to relax when I am feeling too stressed and allows me to run around and act like I'm saving the world when I'm truly focused.  While he may be engrossed in his movies or his newest obsession, the iPad, I can be found pouring over thick issues of Wedding Magazines, or nose deep reading a colorful variety of books.
I am passionate about cooking, and creating original meals; which works perfectly as My Guy loves to eat, and is not shy about trying new things.  He is a master on the grill, and has made some of the best meat marinades I have ever tried.  I am more of an indoors cook, and rarely follow a recipe.  I have an obsession with arts and crafts, and am always working on something (currently it's wreaths and aprons).  My Guy is passionate about his work (he's a buyer for an electrical supply company);  and an excellent negotiator (I'm trying to learn from him where I can).
My Guy and I met about 8 years ago, while we were both seeing other people.  We would pass each other every so often in social settings, and exchange 'Hello, and How are you-s?,' but that was the extent of it.  Fast forward a few years, into the wonderful world of social media, having so many friends in common, we connected.  Late one night, my then acquaintance, and I were chatting back and forth via Face Book, when he made the first move asking me to a Red Sox game for the following week.  There was no way to know on that hot July night that our lives were about to change. Forever.  If you ask him, he will tell you that he knew after that first date that I was "The One" for him; and I was truly smitten.  Here we are, almost three years later, living together with our over-energized dog and recently engaged to start our "Happily Ever After." 
I'm excited to share this journey with you, and hopefully offer some great product reviews, advice and some etiquette tips along the way!

1 comment: