Thursday, March 29, 2012

B to B's Version of Engagement Chicken

We've all heard the old wives tale of "Engagement Chicken," you spend hours of the day in the kitchen slaving over a hot oven, creating a recipe that will somehow turn into a proposal for a lifelong commitment.  Well, while I can neither confirm nor deny that my cooking was why My Guy decided to pop the question, I am going to share with you my version of the ever famous "Engagement Chicken." 







Here's my recipe:

Preheat oven to 450*.

1-2lb chicken- clean out the insides, and rinsed as well.  Pat dry with paper towels.

Rub with glove of fresh garlic.

Season with salt and pepper- all over (even under the skin).  I also used a "garlic and seasoning" mix for the grill. 

Stuff the cavities with carrots, onions, celery and garlic... and add veggies around the bird in the pan.

Take 4 pads of "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter" and sprinkle over the bird. 

Pour 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice over the bird.

Bake chicken for about an hour and a half- DO NOT open the oven door.  As tempting as it may be, it messes up the temperature, and screws up the cooking time!

After an hour, take chicken out, baste it with juices, and add diced potatoes (I used the Trader Joe blend).  Cook for about another 30-40 minutes, basting every ten minutes. 

Let the chicken sit for 10-15 minutes before carving. 

I didn't make any sides with this dish, as the veggies and chicken were MORE than enough for us! 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment