Monday, April 16, 2012

Vendor Review: A Treat Good Enough To Eat!

I am involved in the South Shore Women's Business Network, and I like to use their members whenever I can.  Upon getting engaged the first thing I did was search the directory for people we could do business with. Of course, I couldn't wait for the shower to use my pal Kristin Foristall... So I didn't. 
My two sisters and one very dear friend and her husband worked very hard to plan and coordinate the most perfect Engagement party ever for me and My Guy.  Being a bit of a perfectionist, a control freak, and a little neurotic it was so hard to keep my nose out of their planning.  I was allowed to bring the favors for our guest list of 48.  I knew that Kristin, of Sweet K, would be the most perfect solution.
Judging by the name, maybe you guessed that Kristin makes a sweet treat.  Sweet K is responsible for "Making life sweeter, one bite at a time" creating cookies for every occasion.

While making cookies seems easy and simple enough, Kristin takes it one step further and really personalizes your experience.  I had reached out to her last Sunday (the party was scheduled for the following Saturday) to see what she could do about 55 cookies. She gave me some homework to do, and to hand it in to her via email by Tuesday afternoon. 

I wanted our cookies to be very personal, and something people would remember.  So I went through lots of old photos picking out my favorite of myself as a child, My Guy as a child, and one of the two of us together as adults.  Kristin then took the photos and sent them off to her printer. 

What on earth did my baker need photos for you might be asking...


Picture Cookies!!! She can take virtually any photo and turn it into this tasty treat!  I was so impressed by how quickly Kristin went to work with this last minute project, and how beautifully they were done.  After asking how many cookies I'd need she asked what our color scheme was going to be (Blue & Yellow).  The fact that she used the blue as the ribbon on the packaging and the piping on the treat was the icing on the cake (both figuratively and literally!). 

Everyone who walked by the basket of cookies made a comment about how unique, cute and smart the cookies were.  Judging by all the blue lips at the party, I think everyone thought they tasted just as good as they looked!

While Sweet K is based out of North Reading, MA she does offer shipping options, and the product does NOT need to be refrigerated.  I can't wait to see what she can come up with for the Shower favors!


Sweet K LLC
28 Summer Ave
Reading, MA 01867
Phone:617-947-7561
Email:info@sweetk.net

www.SweetK.net

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Sweet-K/114644181888882

No comments:

Post a Comment